OCAD University Senate elections are managed centrally by the Chief Electoral Officer and are held annually in preparation for the upcoming academic year. Elected Senators include faculty, Program Chairs/Graduate Program Directors, as well as both undergraduate and graduate students.
OCAD University Senate Election Guidelines and Procedures
Senate Membership Composition [updated]
OCAD University Senate By-Laws [updated]
Roles and Responsibilities of Senate and Senators
Vacancies for Student Representatives on Senate:
- Three (3) Undergraduate Student Senators, one from each Faculty, elected by and from undergraduate students from each respective faculty enrolled in a full- or part-time program.
- One (1) Graduate Student Senator, elected by and from graduate students enrolled in a full- or part-time graduate program.
Student Senator Nomination Form 2017
Students, want to know more? Join us for an Information Session and Free Pizza Lunch on Friday, September 8, 2017 from 12:00-2:00 p.m. (two 1-hour sessions) in room 322, 230 Richmond Street West (3rd Floor Boardroom).
Vacancies for Faculty Representatives on Senate:
- Two (2) Faculty Senators from the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Sciences and School of Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Two (2) At-Large Faculty Senators from any of the three faculties.
- Two (2) Sessional Faculty Senators from any of the three faculties.
Faculty Senator Nomination Form 2017
Election Timeline for both Students and Faculty
| Nomination Period:
||Wednesday August 16, 2017 - Monday September 11, 2017
| Candidates Announced:
||By Wednesday, September 13, 2017
| Electronic Voting Period:
||Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. - Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
| Election Results:
||By Monday, September 25, 2017
For more information on the Senate Elections, please contact: Natalie Nanton, Coordinator, Academic Governance and Quality Assurance, Office of the Vice-President, Academic at firstname.lastname@example.org