OCAD University Senate elections are managed centrally by the Chief Electoral Officer and are held annually in preparation for the upcoming academic year. Elected Senators include faculty, Program Chairs/Graduate Program Directors, as well as both undergraduate and graduate students.
2018/19 General Elections for Faculty
- Faculty members eligible to vote are those from the Tenured, Tenure-Track, Continuing, Contractually Limited-Term Appointment (CLTA), and Teaching-Intensive Stream (TIS) rank.
- Faculty can only vote within their same faculty area in the current election.
- Faculty can vote for up to four (4) candidates of their choice in the current election.
The following faculty members from the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences and School of Interdisciplinary Studies have been acclaimed to the 2018/19 Senate membership:
- Heather Coffey
- Kate Hartman
- Charles Reeve
Please Note: Elections for Program Chair and Graduate Program Director vacancies will be facilitated through the Faculty Offices and Office of Graduate Studies after the general elections have been completed. Elections for Sessional Faculty vacancies will be held in early Fall 2018.
Faculty Election Timeline:
|Nomination Period (EXTENDED):||Monday, April 30, 2018 - Friday, May 18, 2018|
|Faculty Area Candidates Announced:||Wednesday, May 23, 2018|
|Faculty Area Voting Period:||Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - Tuesday, May 29, 2018|
|Faculty Area Election Results:||Thursday, May 30, 2018|
|At-Large Faculty Candidates Announced:||Thursday, May 31, 2018|
|At-Large Electronic Voting Period:||Thursday, May 31, 2018 - Wednesday, June 6, 2018|
|At-Large Election Results:||Thursday, June 7, 2018|
2018/19 General Elections for Students
Vacancies for Student Representatives on Senate:
- Three (3) Undergraduate Student Senators, one from each Faculty, elected by and from undergraduate students enrolled in a full- or part-time program
- One (1) Graduate Student Senator, elected by and from graduate students enrolled in a full- or part-time graduate program
Student Election Timeline:
|Nomination Period:||Monday, April 30, 2018 - Monday, September 10, 2018|
|Candidates Announced:||Wednesday, September 12, 2018|
|Student Electronic Voting Period:||Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - Wednesday, September 19, 2018|
|Student Election Results:||September 25, 2018|
For more information on the Senate Elections, please contact: Natalie Nanton, Coordinator, Academic Governance & Quality Assurance and Interim Secretary to Senate, Office of the Vice-President, Academic and Provost at firstname.lastname@example.org