Safety & Security Services Lost and Found Program
100 McCaul St., Main Lobby
416-977-6000, Ext. 2920
Hours of Operation during Academic Terms
Monday to Saturday 9am to 5pm
Sunday 12pm to 6pm
Hours of Operation during Non-Academic Times
Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
Due to limited space and health and safety concerns, Safety & Security Services reserve the right to refuse certain lost and found items. Items will be kept in secured storage for thirty (30) days after which items are disposed of. Safety & Security Services reserve the right to determine how items are managed based on the condition of the item when received. If your name, student number or telephone number appears anywhere on a found item, Safety & Security Services will do its best to contact you.
Unclaimed items that are free of personal information are redistributed to the OCAD University community and charitable organizations through various means of donations.
Items not accepted at the Lost & Found include but not limited to:
- Personal hygiene items such as towels, toiletries, grooming items, ear buds, etc.
- Food, food containers, water bottles, medications, prescription drugs, perishable items, and items deemed unhygienic.
- Any items that pose an immediate risk and/or which are controlled by law or illegal such as: flammable items, weapons, alcohol, drugs, etc. Safety & Security Services will be notified immediately and will make reasonable effort to secure the item. Alcohol/drugs will be disposed of immediately.
- Government Issued Identification/Passports will be returned to issuing agency after thirty (30) days.
- OCAD U Access Cards will be recorded and returned to Facilities, Planning & Management
To Claim Property
Please visit link below to complete a Lost & Found Report or visit Safety & Security Services in the main lobby of 100 McCaul Street. If the rightful owner of the article is unable to personally pick up the article, a letter/email is required designating a person to pick up the article on behalf of the rightful owner. Proper identification must be provided.