Each year in September, OCAD University welcomes over 1,000 first-year undergraduate students to the OCAD U community with a variety of engaging and informative workshops, social activities and events at our orientation and welcome, O-DAYS!
August 26 to 30: Workshops, information and social options
Tuesday, September 3: Welcome Day
Wednesday, September 4: First day of fall term classes
Thursday, September 5: Annual Safety & Wellness Day
While orientation and welcome programming is informative — providing details about key resources on campus and helping you prepare academically — activities are also designed to be fun and inviting, helping build community and connection. See our O-DAYS! schedule of activities.
- Annual face2face: postcard exhibition
- Free workshops, socials and connection
- Activities specific to mature students and international/exchange students
- Greetings from our Indigenous Visual Culture Program (INVC)
- Welcome from Dr. Sara Diamond, President/Vice Chancellor
- Welcome from OCAD Student Union
- OCAD University Service Expo
- BIG Kahoot! OCAD U trivia game (team play)
- Annual Above Ground Art Materials Fair (AMF)
- Annual Community Fair and Corn Roast*
- Music, engaging hands-on activities, information and fun
- OCAD SU Scavenger Hunt
- OCAD SU Open House
- Annual Safety & Wellness Day
- Xpace Back to School Party and Program Launch
Coordinated by Campus Life and your OCAD Student Union, our orientation and welcome, O-DAYS!, takes place at the main campus building (100 McCaul St.) and in our green space, Butterfield Park.
See you there!
Find out more!