The University offers many on-campus employment opportunities through the Institutional Work Study Plan, which are meant to encourage self-help and self-development and give students a way of enhancing their resumes in preparation for the transition to full-time employment.
Work Study consists of part-time employment for students on or near campus while they are enrolled in a program of instruction, to supplement OSAP assistance received by students, or to assist other students with demonstrated financial need.
OCAD University students registered in the degree or diploma program who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons with demonstrated financial need are eligible to apply for positions created through these programs. Available positions will be posted on the Talent Network.
Watch our IWSP Tutorial for Students
Institutional Work Study Plan
Program Objective: The objective of the Institutional Work Study Plan (IWSP) is to help students in financial need to meet their educational costs by working part-time during the study year.
IWSP is funded through the Tuition Set Aside Fund. The plan is administered by OCAD U as per guidelines established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Student jobs are funded on a cost-sharing basis; the IWSP provides 75% of the funds and OCAD U departments provide the remaining 25%. IWSP runs during the following dates:
Fall/Winter Work Study Dates: September 9, 2015 - April 21, 2016
Summer Work Study Dates: May 16, 2016 - August 17, 2016
Student Wage: $13.38 per hour (which includes in lieu of vacation and benefits) as of August 16, 2015.
Students must meet the following criteria in order to apply through this program:
- Be a Undergraduate or Graduate student at OCAD U during the 2015/16 academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person
- Be Ontario resident or out-of-province student and have submitted an error-free loan application
- Be registered in full-time studies (as defined by OSAP) during the 2015/16 fall/winter semester; for the summer session students must be registered in at least 0.5 credits
- Demonstrate financial need (priority is given to OSAP students; out-of province students will only be considered if funds are available)
- Note: if you are an out-of-province student, you must attach a copy of your loan/student aid assessment document showing federal/provincial funding for the 2015/16 academic year.
- Note: if you are restricted from OSAP or out-of-province loans, you can complete the application below and provide supporting documentation
Attention International students: a limited number of work study positions are also available to international students through the International Student Services Office.
NEW APPLICATION PROCESS FOR 2015/16 ACADEMIC YEAR
How to apply:
Download one of the appropriate OCAD U Bursary and Work Study Application Forms below.
Fall/Winter Semester Application Forms
Fall/Winter Application Form for students on OSAP/Out-of-Province Loans
Fall/Winter Application Form for students Restricted from OSAP/Out-of-Province Loans
(right-click on link, "save as" file to your desktop, fill in and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and deliver to 51 McCaul St.)
Complete and submit application for to email@example.com or drop off in person at the Financial Aid & Awards Office (51 McCaul St, Level 1)
Receive email from Financial Aid & Awards within 5 business days of submission with decision.
If approved, attach email with application to employer, for position(s) applying for on the Talent Network
Await decision from employer. Good luck!