Academic Integrity Workshop
Learning how to use and cite visual and textual sources can be challenging. This workshop provides clarity around how sources can be used, why they should be documented, and how to document them appropriately. It will introduce you to some practical strategies for tracking your visual and textual research, reading, note-taking and paraphrasing that can help you effectively integrate your research into your writing and making processes.
Wednesday, December 5th
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
MCC 510, 5th floor (113 McCaul Street)
Click here to register.
Academic Skills Training: Getting on Track for Success
This training reviews a variety of academic skills and offers time for you to practice using strategies for success. After completing a self-assessment survey to determine your own academic strengths and barriers, we will work through activities designed to help you:
- manage your time and energy
- set realistic learning goals and stay motivated
- improve your note-taking and critical reading skills
- address difficult situations such as working under pressure, managaging your workload, and dealing with procrastination
- identify where and how to access help at OCAD U throughout your program
This training is hands-on and interactive. Snacks are provided!
Click here to register
Tuesday, December 11th
2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
MCC 512, 5th floor (113 McCaul Street)