The Rapid Prototyping (RP) Centre at OCAD University is located in Room 130, 100 McCaul St. The facility offers OCAD U students and faculty access to full-service, high-capacity rapid prototyping services at reasonable costs. Featuring the latest technologies, the RP Centre has the ability to produce functional prototypes, presentation models, casting patterns and production parts in a variety of materials, as well as the capability to digitize physical objects through 3D scanning processes. The technical staff working in the space are highly skilled in file manipulation, post-processing and finishing. For more information, contact the RP Centre at 416-977-6000, Ext. 589. You must be a registered OCAD U student or faculty member to use these facilities. These facilities are intended for curriculum-based projects only. Commercial endeavours will not be permitted.
Tutorials and templates
Facilities and equipment
- Trotec Speedy 500, 120 watt CO2 LASER cutter/engraver 48" x 27"size bed
- Stratasys uPrint SE Plus FDM printer, featuring ABS build material and soluble support material. Build envelope: 8" x 8" x 6" (203mm x 203mm x 152mm)
- Solidscape 3Z Pro Wax 3D printer. This printer uses wax as a build material and soluble support material. Build envelope: 6" x 6" x 4" (152mm x 152mm x 101mm)
- Next Engine Laser Scanner: Multi-laser, full colour, precision 3D scanner
- Techno LC Series 4896 3-Axis CNC Router. Max material size: 48" x 96" x 4"
- Objet 30 Pro Polyjet 3D printer. High resolution printing in UV catalyzed resin with manually removed gel support material. Build envelope: 11.81" x 7.87" x 5.9" (300mm x 200mm x 150mm)
Services and pricing
Maximum Size- 48" x 27"
File formats- .AI / .EPS / .DXF
|uPrint SE Plus FDM 3D printing
Maximum size: 8" x 8" x 6"
File Format- .STL (Stereolithography)
$10/inch ³ build material
$10/inch ³ support material
Maximum size: 6" x 6"
Larger sizes may be accommodated
|3 axis CNC milling
Maximum size: 40" x 48" x 4"
File format: .STL/ /DFX/ .AI
Polyjet high-resolution 3D printing
$0.75/gram of build material
Wax 3D Printing