Hazardous Materials Management Plan
OCAD University maintains a comprehensive Hazardous Materials Management Plan. The entire program can be viewed here: Hazardous Materials Management Plan.
View specific sections within the chemical management program:
- WHMIS 2015 Classes and Symbols
- WHMIS 2015 Labels
- WHMIS 2015 Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
Workplace Labels and SDS Sheets
The university maintains a comprehensive SDS and workplace labels database for the chemicals on our campus.
Controls & Precautions — Standard Operating Procedures
- Screening procedures for introducing new chemicals to OCAD U
- Procedure for Managing SDS and Labels
- Procedure for Transporting Chemicals within OCAD U
- Procedure for Storing Chemicals
- Procedure for Responding to Chemical Emergencies
- Safety Procedures for Chemical Users
- Chemical Waste Disposal Procedures
OCAD U uses Higher Education Cooperative for Hazardous Materials and Equipment Tracking (HECHMET) to track the use and disposal of hazardous material as well as ensure regulatory compliance and responsible emergency management. Each studio and department has their inventory, which can be viewed using their specific login.
To request training on the Hazardous Materials Management Plan, please contact Safety & Security Services:
Katherine Browning | Environmental Health & Safety Advisor | 416-977-6000, Ext. 615
Hazardous Waste Disposal
There is a schedule for disposal of hazardous waste from our studios. Should there be an emergency where you require immediate waste disposal outside of the set schedule, please contact:
Environmental Healthy & Safety Advisor
416-977-6000, Ext. 615