Chemical Safety Management Program
OCAD University maintains a comprehensive Chemical Safety Management Program. The entire program can be viewed here: Chemical Safety Management Program.
View specific sections within the chemical management program:
Workplace Labels and MSDS Sheets
The university maintains a comprehensive MSDS and workplace labels database for the chemicals on our campus.
Controls & Precautions — Standard Operating Procedures
- Screening procedures for introducing new chemicals to OCAD U
- Procedure for Managing MSDS and Labels
- Procedure for Transporting Chemicals within OCAD U
- Procedure for Storing Chemicals
- Procedure for Responding to Chemical Emergencies
- Safety Procedures for Chemical Users
- Chemical Waste Disposal Procedures
OCAD U maintains a chemical matrix for each studio. This matrix provides an inventory of all the chemicals for the studio, the WHMIS classification, safe handling storage and disposal procedures.
- 1st Year Sculpture & Installation
- Drawing & Painting
- Integrated Media
- Rapid Prototyping
To request training on the Chemical Management Program, please contact the Office of Safety and Risk Management:
Katherine Browning | Health and Safety Officer | 416-977-6000, Ext. 615
Hazardous Waste Disposal
There is a schedule for disposal of hazardous waste from our studios. Should there be an emergency where you require immediate waste disposal outside of the set schedule, please contact:
Health and Safety Officer, Safety & Security Services
416-977-6000, Ext. 615