Safety & Security Services is committed to your safety and to upholding the values of equity, respect, fairness and impartiality. Our mission is to work in partnership with all members of the OCAD U community to create a campus environment that is safe and perceived as safe for all students, staff, faculty and visitors.
Campus Security is committed to the following practices:
- to enforce the criminal code and selected provincial and municipal statutes as necessary,
- to ensure that all university policies and regulations are followed,
- to protect people and property by developing programs and conducting activities that promote safety and security within the university community,
- to prevent crime and vandalism by managing access to facilities and engaging in proactive patrols of the university campus,
- to maintain the peace and promote good order
- to deliver non-discriminatory, inclusive programs to the diverse OCAD U community, and to remain accountable to the OCAD U community,
- to respond to emergencies and provide assistance to students, staff, faculty, and visitors.