How to create accessible emails
Consider using plain text instead of HTML, allowing the receiver to determine how they want the text displayed.
If HTML-formatted emails are used:
- Ensure there is sufficient contrast between text and background.
- Avoid using coloured text alone. Combine colour with another typographic feature such as bold text or quotation marks.
- Keep emails simple, avoiding the use of tables, charts, etc. If this information is required, include it as a Word attachment.
- If a meaningful image is included in the email, repeat the key information as text in the body of the email.
- Ensure your signature has a contact email address and phone number, if available.