International staff

Working in Ontario

Information about work permits can be found in the Immigration and Citizenship section of the Government of Canada website


Ontario residents are eligible for provincially-funded health coverage (OHIP), which provides universal coverage for medically necessary services, including visits to the doctor of your choice, surgical fees and hospital ward coverage. To be eligible for Ontario health coverage you must:

  • be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or among one of the newcomer to Canada groups who are eligible for OHIP; and
  • be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period; and
  • be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province; and
  • make your primary place of residence in Ontario.

OHIP coverage normally becomes effective three months after the date you establish residency in Ontario. Information about OHIP, including application and coverage information, is available on the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care website.


The University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) provides insurance to pay for the cost of hospital and medical services that employees and their families might need to maintain their health while in Canada during the OHIP waiting period. For more information about UHIP, please visit the UHIP website. To apply for UHIP coverage, please contact your HR Advisor.

Helpful Contacts

Contact Information

Phone: 416-977-6000 ext. 298

For general Human Resources inquiries, email:

For general HRIS-Payroll inquiries, email:


Monday to Friday
9 a.m. to 5 p.m

Office Location

230 Richmond St. W., Level 7

HR office location map

Mailing Address

OCAD University
Attention: Human Resources
100 McCaul St.
Toronto, ON M5T 1W1

bio hira mavi su enginar macunu isveç şurubu diyeti spin mop tablet eskina baligi tasi epimedyumlu macun gümüş suyu dr piton no white hair glucogen borev bulaşık makinesi deterjanı