Bursaries for Students with Disabilities (Provincial)
The Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) provides aid to students self-identifying as having either permanent or temporary disabilities. This bursary assists with the costs of disability-related services or equipment, such as tutors, note-takers, interpreters, braillers or technical aids that are required to participate in post-secondary studies.
Note: Documentation from a registered health care professional may be required in order to link the requested service or support to the impact of your disability on your participation in post-secondary education.
Amount of Aid
The maximum amount of aid available from this bursary is $2,000 per academic year.
Who Can Get This Aid
You must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for this bursary:
- You have applied for and are eligible for funding from one of the following sources for the academic year:
- OSAP for Full-Time Students and have at least $1 in calculated provincial need; or
- OSAP for Part-Time Students and are receiving an Ontario Part-Time Grant
- You have self-identified as having a permanent or temporary disability.
- You have disability-related educational costs (e.g. note-takers, vision/learning aids) that are not covered by another agency or service.
Steps to access BSWD and CSG-PDSE
Apply for part-time or full-time OSAP, and submit supporting documentation (if required) to the Financial Aid & Awards Office.
Visit the Centre for Students with Disabilities (CSD) office to discuss your eligibility and steps to access the BSWD/CSG-PDSE programs.
Complete the BSWD/CSG-PDSE application and internal verification document (if required) provided by your CSD advisor. Your CSD advisor will forward your application to the Financial Aid & Awards Office for eligibility verification.
Your Financial Aid & Awards advisor will then notify your CSD advisor and you via your OCAD U student email in regards to your eligibility. If approved, your Financial Aid & Awards advisor will provide further instructions of how the BSWD/CSD-PDSE funds will be disbursed/reimbursed to you or a third party service provider.