OCAD U Teaching Awards
OCAD University's Teaching Awards recognize outstanding faculty and teaching assistants who inspire student learning, creativity and help students to make connections between the academic, personal and professional realms. OCAD U Teaching Awards include:
- The Price Teaching Excellence Award
- The Non-Tenured Teaching Excellence Award
- Faculty Teaching Awards: Faculty of Art, Faculty of Design, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Sciences and School of Interdisciplinary Studies, Graduate Studies
- Teaching Assistant Award
OCAD University's BLG Faculty Equity Award is sponsored by Borden, Ladner & Gervais Law Firm. Information about this award can be found on the Vice-President, Academic and Provost's page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can submit a nomination?
All members of the OCAD U community are welcome to submit nominations or letters of support for a faculty member or TA for a Teaching Award.
Where can I find more information about each award?
Information on OCAD University's Teaching Awards can be found by clicking below:
How are award recipients recognized?
Winners receive a certificate of recognition and are publicly acknowledged at OCAD University's annual Celebration of Faculty event, which is traditionally held in April.
Is there a list of previous winners?
A comprehensive list of all OCAD U's Teaching Awards recipients is updated annually and posted here.
View the Teaching Awards Recipients list (last updated June 14, 2018).
Teaching Awards Process
Thank you for participating in OCAD U's Teaching Awards process. The nomination and support process for the 2018-2019 awards is now completed. Award winners will be announced at the Celebration of Faculty event on Thursday, April 18, 2019, 2:00pm - 5:00pm at 49 McCaul Street.
2019 Nominees Shortlist and Criteria
View the 2019 Teaching Awards Nominees shortlist and criteria.
- January: The nominations received between late November and early December are used to create a shortlist (where necessary) for consideration of multiple awards by different award selection committees.
- February: (Shortlisted) Nominees are contacted and invited to submit an awards package to support their nomination. Workshops and individual consultations are available through the FCDC to support nominees.
- March/April: Award selection committees review the nominees' awards packages and identify a recipient for 2019. In some cases, the selection committee may elect to acknowledge two recipients.
- April/May: All nominees are invited to attend the Celebration of Faculty event hosted by the VPAP where the recipients of the 2019 Teaching Excellence Awards are announced.
Nomination Eligibility and Information