Room booking information
Rental space is available on campus. Interested parties wishing to host a meeting, workshop or special event at OCAD University can reserve space to use as a place of assembly for educational, charitable, cultural and similar gatherings or pursuits by organizations outside of OCAD University.
Several meeting rooms, classrooms, two large lecture spaces, kitchenette and a general gathering area can be reserved for workshops and special events. Classrooms and meeting rooms are “smart rooms", (rooms equipped with audio capabilities, data projection and VCR/DVD projection.)
We also have a green space, Butterfield Park, available for special events and community gatherings.
Reservations and confirmation
Facilities & Studio Services is the central location for scheduling all rental facilities for meetings, conferences, workshops and special events. All reservations must be submitted in writing at least fourteen (14) days prior to the event date. A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm all bookings, along with a $300 refundable damage deposit.
Full payment must be received five (5) days prior to the event. Full charges will be levied for use of reserved accommodations unless cancellation is received in writing at least seventy two (72) hours before the event.
OCAD University Alumni will receive 25% off the regular space rental fee.
Information on room rates, capacities and sizes are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking space for an event
When contacting us to book a space for your conference, meeting or workshop, we will require the following information:
- Your name, the name of the organization and the contact information.
- How do you plan on using the university space.
- The date(s) and time(s) of your event.
- The use of premises is available only during scheduled operational hours. Application for an extension of these hours can be arranged in advance, however opening/closing fees will apply.
- Number of guests attending your event.
- Operational support for room set-ups and cleaning is required for bookings of more than twenty-five (25) attendees.
- Is alcohol being served at the event?
- Alcohol permits (Special Occasion Permits): Security and Smart Serve-trained staff are required at all events where alcohol is being served.
- Event security coverage?
- Is AV or IT equipment and technical support required?
Information and application forms on room bookings can be obtained via email at email@example.com.
Internal room bookings
OCAD University staff and faculty can reserve a room for a special event or meeting on campus, simply by logging into OCAD U’s room request portal.
All university staff and faculty space requests must adhere to the following guidelines to be eligible to use the space free of charge.
- The provision of space for the delivery of courses and formal instruction offered by approved programs of study.
- The provision of space for all other formal activities necessary for students to complete their programs of study (e.g., special arrangements for tests and examinations to support students with disabilities, final examinations, critiques etc.)
- The provision of space for supplementary instruction and independent studio learning outside of the classroom or studio.
- The provision of space for Continuing Education programs.
- The provision of space for major university sponsored events which the university deems to be of significance.
- The provision of space for major external bookings that generate revenue for the university.
- The provision of space for short periods of time for seminars, meetings, colloquia etc. and other activities organized by recognized university groups.
- The provision of space for all other activities approved by the university.
Any booking requests falling outside these criteria will be recognized as an external space request and will be subject to applicable rental fees.
Include the date, time-frame and room you wish to reserve. A confirmation will be sent to you when the request has been processed. If you would like to receive a quick reference guide on how to log in and use the room requests portal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. .
All space rentals
A limited number of tables and chairs are available for functions held on campus;sufficient only for minor functions. It is strongly recommended that all departments determine their requirements well in advance of an event. Any persons planning and coordinating special events should confirm space is booked by contacting email@example.com.