Moves and Transport
Distribution Services is not only responsible for mailing services but also for the transportation of goods, materials, equipment, small and large departmental moves and for storage/inventory.
- Most routine moving/transporting requirements of small goods occur during normal working hours and are provided at no cost to the department.
- Departments requiring moving services outside of normal working hours will be required to fund such projects.
- Estimates for services are provided.
- Special events off-campus moving services associated with OCAD University related functions; convocation, University fair, Graduate Exhibition, etc., may require prior approval from the Manager of Facilities & Studio Services.
- Large-scale moving services such as office and furniture moves are provided by external contractors who will be coordinated and supervised by the Facilities & Studio Services staff and the costs may be recovered from the user department.
Classroom/Special Event Support
A limited supply of tables,chairs and stanchions can be provided for functions. Please email your request at least 72 hours in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org for a previously booked space. To book a space please send your email to email@example.com
It is strongly recommended that all department determine their requirements in advance of the event.