Policy on Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
OCAD University developed the Policy on Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities.
This policy aims to:
- Foster and maintain a climate of understanding and mutual respect for the dignity and worth of all persons and to protect the privacy, confidentiality, self‐esteem and autonomy of all students including those with disabilities;
- Ensure that students with disabilities are accommodated in accordance with the University’s legal responsibilities under the terms of the Ontario Human Rights Code, which promotes inclusion and full participation;
- Preserve the academic integrity of the University by re‐affirming that all students must satisfy the essential requirements of their respective courses and programs, while also recognizing that students with disabilities may require academic accommodations to enable them to do so;
- Define the roles and responsibilities, including legal responsibilities, for instructors, departments, academic units, faculties, and all University personnel in the provision of academic accommodations; and
- Define the roles and responsibilities of students.
If you have any questions regarding the Policy on Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities, please contact Student Accessibility Services via email at SAS@ocadu.ca or by calling us at 416‐977‐6000 Extension 339.