Resources for Supporting Students with Disabilities
Course Instructors and TAs are encouraged to review the following resources:
- Policy on Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities (PDF). This Policy outlines the roles and responsibilities for students, Course Instructors and TAs, Student Accessibility Services and the University.
- The Canvas course titled ‐ OCAD U Faculty Handbook. This course includes information on academic support services for students as well as student policies, regulations and procedures.
- The Faculty & Curriculum Development Centre (FCDC) web site. The FCDC supports and facilities the development of program and course curricula.
- The Teaching and learning resources section of the FCDC web site.
- The Accessible Campus web site which was developed by the Council of Ontario Universities.
- The Crisis Support webpage outlines crisis intervention supports available, including a section on supporting students in distress.
- The Office of Diversity, Equity and Sustainability Initiatives (ODESI) ensures the fair and effective administration of OCADU’s human rights policies and providing subject matter expertise on the principles of human rights, equity and accessibility and related obligations in the resolution of complaints.