Accessing Placements Fund
Doing an Experiential Learning Placement but concerned about whether you can afford it?
The Accessing Placements Fund is an initiative launched by the CEAD that strives to reduce financial barriers related to the for-credit Experiential Learning courses. Open to any student enrolled in a Placement Course or Field Placement, the Accessing Placements Fund awards students with up to $100 to help cover related costs so that students can fully engage in their placement and get the most out of their learning opportunity.
Applications for Fall 2019 Semester are accepted between September 4, 2019 - November 29, 2019. Applications for the Winter 2020 Semester will be accepted between January 6, 2020 - March 30, 2020.
Suggested Eligible Expenses*
- Travel costs (i.e. a transit fare or pass)
- Fees related to the placement (i.e. completing a Police Check or Vulnerable Sector Check)
- required costs related to working in unconventional environments (i.e. you are being asked to meet for work purposes at a café)
- costs that will heighten your placement experience
*Please note: if you have accommodation needs, please contact the Centre for Students with Disabilities
- regular meals such as the cost of lunch
- material or production costs (these should be covered by the placement organization)
- purchasing equipment or software
You must be registered for one of the following placement courses:
- CROS-3011/3012 Learning in the Field
- CROS-3017 Art & Design Education Lab: Community
- GDES-3104 Design Internship Course
- DIGF 2010/2011
- Field Placement (self-directed, independent placement)
We will prioritize students who can demonstrate how this fund will enhance their placement experience.
Applications for Fall 2019 Semester are accepted between September 4, 2019 - November 29, 2019. Applications will be reviewed: Oct. 15, 2019, Nov. 11, 2019, and Nov. 29, 2019.
Applications for the Winter 2020 Semester are accepted between January 6, 2020 - March 30, 2020. Winter 2020 applications will be reviewed: Feb. 10, 2020, Mar. 16, 2020, and Mar. 30, 2020.
*For a screenreader-friendly pdf version of the application or to submit in an alternative format, please contact Alexandra Hong, Project Officer, Centre for Emerging Artists and Designers.
Project Officer, Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers
P: 416.977.6000 x. 3708