Accessing Placements Fund
Doing an Experiential Learning Placement but concerned about whether you can afford it?
The Accessing Placements Fund is an initiative launched by the CEAD that strives to reduce financial barriers related to the for-credit Experiential Learning courses. Open to any student enrolled in a Placement Courses or Field Placement, the Accessing Placements Fund awards students with up to $150 to help cover related costs so that students can fully engage in their placement and get the most out of their learning opportunity.
Applications are currently open for the Fall/Winter 2018-19 terms.
Suggested Eligible Expenses*
- Travel costs (i.e. a transit pass)
- Fees related to the placement (i.e. completing a Police Check or Vulnerable Sector Check)
- Costs related to working in unconventional environments (i.e. you are being asked to meet for work purposes at a café)
*Please note: if you have accommodation needs, please contact the Centre for Students with Disabilities
- Regular meals such as the cost of lunch
- Material or production costs (these should be covered by the placement organization)
- Purchasing equipment or software
You must be registered for one of the following placement courses for Fall/Winter 2018:
- CROS-3011/3012 Learning in the Field
- CROS-3017 Art & Design Education Lab: Community
- GDES-3104 Design Internship Course
- Field Placement (self-directed, independent placement)
We will prioritize students who can demonstrate how this fund will enhance their placement experience.
The applications are accepted on a rolling deadline within each academic term. For the fall/winter 2018-19 term applications are available:
- Fall 2018: Sep. 5 - Dec. 4, 2018
- Winter 2019: Jan. 7 - Mar. 15, 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis.
Project Officer, Experiential Learning
P: 416.977.6000 x. 3708