Career Launchers are unique, high-profile opportunities developed in partnership with industry to help senior students and new graduates launch their professional practice.
These supported opportunities provide deeper exposure to real-world demands and skills associated with advancing a professional creative career through two streams:
- Augmented Opportunities: Funding for emerging artists and designers to offset material and production costs associated with pursuing exceptional creative initiatives.
- Employment Opportunities: Job opportunities within arts, culture, media, heritage organizations, and creative industries facilitated and supported by the CEAD.
Material, technology and professional support towards activities, exhibitions, studio spaces, and entrepreneurial marketplaces
- Paid internships (minimum 560 hours)
- Public exhibition and presentation opportunities
- Facilitated recruitment from a pool of highly creative talents
- Wide exposure and coverage from industry and internal media
- Assistance in the creation of experimental opportunities and new initiatives
- Opportunities are cultivated through insightful consultation with faculty leadership and negotiated in strategic partnership within the sector.
- Applicants are supported in the process and submissions are assessed to ensure quality and compatibility with the organizations.
- The Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers (CEAD) works closely with every facilitated opportunity to ensure best-practice, meaningful mentorship and outcomes.
- Transparent partnership agreements outline commitments to all stakeholders and to warrant a follow-through and qualitative assessment.
- Check-in sessions are integrated into placement and project schedules to assure priorities, expectations and alignment associated with the graduates’ degree-level learning and career competencies, as well as needs from the organization partners.
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 4020