Each year in September, OCAD University welcomes over 1,000 first-year undergraduate students to the OCAD U community with a variety of engaging and informative workshops, social activities and events at our orientation and welcome, O-DAYS!
August 26 to 30: Workshops, information and social options
September 3: Welcome Day (former BIG-Day!)
September 4: Artist Alley
September 5: Annual Safety & Wellness Day
While orientation and welcome programming is informative — providing details about key resources on campus and helping you prepare academically — activities are also designed to be fun and inviting, helping build community and connection.
- Annual face2face: postcard exhibition
- Free workshops, socials and connection
- Activities specific to mature students and international/exchange students
- Greetings from our Indigenous Visual Culture Program (INVC)
- Welcome from Dr. Sara Diamond, President/Vice Chancellor
- Welcome from OCAD Student Union
- OCAD University Service Expo
- BIG Kahoot! OCAD U trivia game (team play)
- Annual Above Ground Art Materials Fair (AMF)
- Annual Community Fair and Corn Roast*
- Music, engaging hands-on activities, information and fun
- OCAD SU Scavenger Hunt
- OCAD SU Open House
- Annual Safety & Wellness Day
- Xpace Back to School Party and Program Launch
Coordinated by Campus Life and your OCAD Student Union, our orientation and welcome, O-DAYS!, takes place at the main campus building (100 McCaul St.) and in our green space, Butterfield Park.
See you there!
Find out more!
O-DAYS! 2017 / BIG-Day! in Butterfield Park. Photo by Mathisan Paramanathan.
Accessibility is important to us. If you require accommodations due to a disability in order to participate fully in this event, please email us prior to August 25 so we can make the appropriate arrangements.
Lunch and snacks will be provided at O-DAYS!
It is your responsibility to email us and notify us of any allergies or dietary restrictions so that we may do our best to accommodate you. Please do so at your earliest convenience, and no later than August 25.
OCAD U hosted events may be documented through photographs and video. These images may be used by the university for promotional, advertising, and educational purposes. By participating in our events, both on campus and off site, you consent to allowing OCAD U to document and use your image and likeness. However, if you do not want us to use a photo or video of you, please don’t hesitate to let us know when you arrive at the event. You’re also welcome to contact OCAD U’s Campus Life office.
Are you a graduate student?
While graduate students are welcome to attend O-DAYS! activities, events specific to grad students are planned by the Graduate Studies office.