Peer Mentor awards
The Student Mentor Program is committed to ensuring that upper-year volunteer student Peer Mentors are aware of their value to the program and that their efforts are appreciated and recognized.
Peer Mentor Awards, supported by the OCAD University Alumni Association and the Alumni Relations office, acknowledge those Peer Mentors who made outstanding contributions, supporting new and first-year students and helping build community, while adhering to the mandate of the program.
All Peer Mentors participating in the 2018 Student Mentor Program (May to November 2018) are eligible to be nominated for ONE of TWO awards (valued at $500 each). Successful candidates will be announced at an annual appreciation event in March 2019. Nominators will also be invited.
- Vice-Provost, Students & International
- Campus Life Coordinator, Student Success Programs
- Manager, Student Communications & Campus Community
Student Mentees who feel they significantly benefited from connection with their Peer Mentor are encouraged to highlight their experience. The chance to have meaningful, ongoing engagement with a Peer Mentor familiar with OCAD U would have been particularly powerful. We'd love to hear from you!
Nominations will be accepted from all members of the OCAD U community, including Student Mentor Program participants, students, faculty, staff and alumni until Monday, February 25, 2019. Peer Mentors cannot nominate themselves.
Please describe nominee's achievements by explaining in 500 words or less:
- Specific examples of how the nominee meets the selection criteria outlined on the nomination form.
- How these examples have improved community on campus.
- Any additional points you feel would be relevant to the selection committee.
Download this 2018/2019 digital Nomination Form (DOCX) or pick up a printed copy at any of the following locations:
- Campus Life (Level 5, 230 Richmond St. W.)
- Student Advising (Room 266, Level 2, 100 McCaul St.)
Nominations are to be submitted to the attention of Brent Everett James, Campus Life Coordinator, Level 5, 230 Richmond St. W. (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) no later than Monday, February 25, 2019.