Reference & Instruction
Reference librarians work to help you succeed at OCAD U and beyond by:
- helping you find your own voice and make sense of information needed for creative and academic research
- develop your information literacy skills by helping you select and use appropriate search tools and techniques
Do you have research questions?
- VISIT the OCAD U Library anytime during operating hours; we’re always available to help you when you need answers!
- CALL the reference desk: 416-977-6000 ext. 358 anytime during operating hours; leave a message if we’re closed and we’ll respond by the next business day.
- EMAIL one of our dedicated OCAD U Library reference librarians: email@example.com
- VIEW our research guides that cover all topics in Art / Design / Liberal arts and sciences
- SEARCH our Library Research FAQs
- DOWNLOAD our Library Research Handbook to find out how your creative research practice can inform academic inquiry.
- BOOK a one-on-one research tutorial with a subject librarians:
- TRY Ask Chat with a Librarian service; you could be helped by an OCAD U librarian or one from other participating Ontario university libraries.
Book an in-class information session
Librarians conduct seminars and workshops to help students find, retrieve, and evaluate information sources. Library tours and instruction sessions provide you with strategies for searching library resources and making sense of our new, complex information environment.
Dorothy H. Hoover Library
113 McCaul St. (MCC), 2nd floor
The Learning Zone
122 St. Patrick Street, Level 1, also accessible from 113 McCaul Street
Visual Resources & Special Collections
230 Richmond Street West (RHB), 8th floor
Reference Inquiries (Questions About Research)
416-977-6000, Ext. 334
(Questions About Overdue Books, Holds, Blocks)
416-977-6000, Ext. 358