Hours and locations
The OCAD U Library is comprised of three different locations: Dorothy H. Hoover Library, Learning Zone and Visual Resources. Regular service hours are listed below. All three locations are closed on statutory holidays as well as during the University's holiday winter closure.
Dorothy H. Hoover Library
The OCAD U Library empowers the imagination and leads the university community in the creation, discovery and sharing of knowledge. Use the library as your first stop in research. We provide a variety of study areas, self-serve group study rooms, scanners and desktop computers networked with a full suite of software. Registered students, faculty and staff have access to over 100,000 art and design books, and extensive digital resources including almost 200,000 e-books and 42,000 full text e-journals as well as materials, multimedia and image databases.
- 113 McCaul Street, Level 2, room 215 MCC (The Annex Building), also accessible from 122 St. Patrick St.
- 2nd floor above the Village by the Grange Food Court (elevator and stair access)
- Bike parking is available on McCaul Street and St. Patrick Street
Summer hoursApril 24 to September 4, 2018
- Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.
- CLOSED: Saturday and Sunday
- NOTE: as the Campus is closed on weekends, the Library Book Return is inaccessible from Fridays at 7:30 p.m. through to Mondays at 7:30 a.m.
- Monday, May 21 (Victoria Day)
- Monday, July 2 (Canada Day)
- Monday, August 6 (Simcoe Day/Civic Holiday)
- Monday, September 3 (Labour Day)