About OCAD University's research
Learn more about OCAD U's research in the Strategic Research Plan (PDF)
OCAD U engages in transformative research, making significant contributions to innovation, well-being, productivity and employment. As Canada's "university of the imagination," OCAD U's research provides a fruitful basis for partnerships with private and public sector partners, including government, industry and commerce. OCAD U is poised to lead in developing the practice, methodology and understanding of practice-based research. In addition, the university continues to support more traditional forms of scholarship and research in the social sciences and humanities as well as in science and engineering.
In 2010 OCAD U earned a place among Canada’s top 50 research universities. In the 2010 Research Infosource Report, Canada’s University Innovation Leaders: Canada’s Top 50 Research Universities, OCAD U ranks among the top two dozen institutions in terms of research intensity expressed as research dollars per full-time faculty member.
Researchers must comply with all applicable Agency requirements and legislation for the conduct of research, including, but not limited to:
- 2nd edition of Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct of Research Involving Humans (TCPS 2);
- Canadian Council on Animal Care Policies and Guidelines;
- Agency policies related to the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act;
- Licenses for research in the field;
- Laboratory Biosafety Guidelines;
- Controlled Goods Program;
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) Regulations; and
- Canada’s Food and Drugs Act