Onsite Gallery offers powerful, thought-provoking exhibitions of art, design and digital media to stimulate conversations on critical issues facing Toronto and the world.
Officially opened in 2007 as the OCAD Professional Gallery, the gallery became Onsite Gallery in 2010.
Onsite Gallery is OCAD University’s professional gallery and experimental curatorial platform for art, design and new media. Serving the OCAD U community and our diverse public(s), Onsite Gallery aims to foster social and cultural transformations.
Onsite Gallery’s mandate is:
- To heighten the public profile of OCAD University by playing a leadership role in developing dialogues and programming of relevance to Toronto, and to link these to international practices and issues
- To support excellence in visual culture by collaborating with professional artists, designers and curators
- To promote engaged citizenship through exploration of society, culture and aesthetics
- To develop art, design and new media projects both inside and outside of the gallery
- To stimulate innovative research and learning in art, design, new media, public projects and curatorial practice
- To develop programs, systems and policies that involve and converse with people of widely differing experiences, including students, faculty, staff, researchers, artists, designers, curators and our diverse public(s)