Ignite Gallery represents the current creative voice of OCAD University students and recent graduates through exhibitions, events and community programs.
Ignite Gallery (formerly the OCAD U Student Gallery) continues its 40+ year history of support for the exciting work of emerging artists, designers and curators from OCAD University. Along with its new name, Ignite Gallery inaugurates its new home at 165 Augusta Avenue (in the heart of Kensington Market) in September 2017.
Ignite Gallery’s mandate is:
- To celebrate the creative voices of OCAD University students and recent alumni by presenting innovative public exhibitions of art, design and new media.
- To enhance the professional development of young artists, designers and curators in a public exhibition space that enriches their educational experience, increases their practical skills, and promotes the sale of their work.
- To promote the sale of work by exhibitors to the public.
- To foster experiential learning, experimentation, interdisciplinary collaboration, mentorship and leadership.
- To value inclusivity, accessibility, partnership and diversity.
- To link OCAD University to Toronto’s art, design and new media communities and Toronto’s residents and visitors.