Nomination guidelines for 2017
Nominations for Alumni of Influence Awards can be made from either within the OCAD University community (alumni, faculty, staff and students) or from the external community.
The Selection Committee will review the nomination packages and select winners by July 2017. The award recipients will be notified in July 2017, formally announced to the public in September 2017 and receive their awards at a reception in Toronto on November 17, 2017.
Nominations Package & Deadline
Please complete and submit the nomination package, along with all associated documents, by Friday, July 7, 2017.
- Nomination package and checklist (PDF, requires free Adobe Reader)
- Nominee’s current curriculum vitae
- No more than five (5) pieces of supplementary documentations (including images)
- Nomination statement
- Nominee's portrait photo (optional)
- Maximum two (2) letters of support (optional)
The 5 Award Categories
The Alumni of Influence Awards recognize the outstanding accomplishments and contributions of alumni under the following five categories:
- Distinguished Alumni - Accomplished leader, practitioner, strategist, creative thinker, innovator, entrepreneur or inventor
- Distinguished Educator - Accomplished educational leader, practitioner, strategist representing excellence as a practising professional, mentor and teacher (may include past or current instructors at OCAD U)
- World Builders - individuals who have made substantive humanitarian contributions to their community and culture; individuals who are active volunteers and/or are supporting global causes
- Trailblazer - Alumni who graduated within the last 10 years and are "ones to watch"
- Legacy - A posthumous award recognizing substantial contributions to art, design and digital media
Nominees will have received a graduating degree or diploma from OCAD University. Individuals who have completed at least two credits at OCA/OCAD or 16 credits at OCAD U shall be considered.
Alumni currently serving on the Alumni Council, Board of Governors, or currently holding senior administrative positions at the university are not eligible to be nominated or to receive awards.
Nominations are kept on file and eligible for consideration, at the disretion of the Selecton Commiteee, for three years.
Hard-copy nomination package can be delivered to:
Alumni of Influence Awards
Development and Alumni Relations
100 McCaul Street
Please email nominations or enquiries to