National Portfolio DayOCAD University will host National Portfolio Day on Saturday November 2, 2019
100 McCaul St,
Toronto, ON M5T 1W1
12 np.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission is free.
Registration coming soon.
An education in art and design is a special learning experience. National Portfolio Day is your opportunity to meet professionals from some of the finest design and visual arts schools in North America. It’s not a competition, and no offers of admission will be made. Bring your portfolio, of your best and most recent work, and have it critiqued by the school of your choice.
About the day
At the Toronto National Portfolio Day event reviews are held from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and take place on a first-come, first served basis. No reservations or advanced registrations are required. We recommend that participants arrive prior to the event to secure a spot in line. You will be waiting outside so we suggest that you protect your work, bring an umbrella and a snack. Once you are inside, you will be given a map and you can join the line for the school you want to meet with.
No admission decisions or scholarship awards are offered at National Portfolio Days.
What should you bring?
Include a variety of finished pieces in your portfolio that demonstrate your ability to work with a wide range of techniques, materials and subject matter. Drawings may be from direct observation as well as from your imagination and memory. New media or time based work can be included. Work exploring colour, form, mixed media, and 3D approaches are welcome. In addition to finished pieces, your portfolio may include works in progress. Include a sketchbook/creative journal to demonstrate your creative process and work habits. Do not mat or frame your work, or worry about the presentation. The work itself is what is of interest.
What is the National Portfolio Day Association?
For more information about the National Portfolio Day Association or for details on the programs and majors available at the colleges and universities attending the Toronto National Portfolio Day please visit the National Portfolio Day Association website.
Colleges and Universities attending the Toronto National Portfolio Day at OCAD University:
- Alberta University of the Arts, Calgary, AB
- Alfred University School of Art and Design, Alfred, NY
- Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, CA
- CalArts (California Institute of the Arts), Valencia, CA
- California College of the Arts, San Francisco, CA
- College for Creative Studies, Detroit, MI
- College of Architecture and Design at Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, MI
- Columbus College of Art & Design, Columbus, OH
- Concordia University, Montreal, QC
- Emily Carr University of Art + Design, Vancouver, BC
- Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY
- FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, San Diego, CA
- Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University, Grand Rapids, MI
- Maine College of Art, Portland, ME
- Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD
- New York School of Interior Design, New York, NY
- NSCAD University (Nova Scotia College of Art and Design), Halifax, NS
- OCAD University, Toronto, ON
- Otis College of Art and Design, Los Angeles, CA
- Pacific Northwest College of Art, Portland, OR
- Paris College of Art, Paris, France
- Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, FL
- Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
- Ryerson University, Toronto, ON
- San Francisco Art Institute, San Francisco, CA
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- School of Visual Arts, New York, NY
- Sheridan College - Faculty of Animation, Arts and Design, Oakville, ON
- Syracuse University - College of Visual & Performing Arts, Syracuse, NY
- The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science & Art, New York, NY
- The New School Parsons School of Design, New York, NY
- University of New Haven, New Haven, CT
- University of the Arts London, London, England
York University - School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design, Toronto, ON