Guide to Admissions
The following programs for the Fall 2019 entry term are still accepting applications until further notice:
- Visual and Critical Studies
- Creative Writing
- Digital Futures
- Indigenous Visual Culture
1. Choose your area of study: OCAD University offers three undergraduate degrees — a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Bachelor of Design (BDes) or a Bachelor of Arts (BA) — in a wide array of different programs. All undergraduate programs can be completed in four years of full-time study. If you need help deciding which of our programs best suit you, come to one of our many events throughout the year, peruse our viewbook and course calendar or do some homework by talking to people who are active in these fields.
2. Learn about our admission and academic entrance requirements: Admission to the Bachelor of Arts in Visual and Critical Studies is based on a combination of a review of a written assignment, a statement of intent and your academic records. Admission to our Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing program is based primarily on a writing portfolio. Admission to all other studio programs (Bachelor Design, Bachelor of Fine Arts) is based primarily on an assessment of your portfolio of work. All applicants must submit a Statement of Intent as part of the portfolio submission and must meet minimum academic requirements. International applicants are welcome and should familiarize themselves with special requirements. OCAD U offers many transfer pathways for students with previous post-secondary experience.
3. Submit your application online: All applicants apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC). The application will be made available in October 2018. The recommended deadline to apply for the 2019/2020 academic year is February 1, 2019. Applications received after February 1, 2019 will be considered as space permits and some programs may not accept applications after the February 1, 2019 deadline.