Faculty of Art
The well-being of students, faculty, staff and administrators is essential to the sustainable development of OCAD U’s Faculty of Art.
OCAD U is located in one of the most multiracial and multicultural cities in the world, on the ancestral and traditional territories of the Mississaugas of the New Credit, the Haudenosaunee, the Anishinaabe and the Huron-Wendat, and we aim to reflect this diversity in all aspects of our ethical and social engagements with materials, ideas, practices, and people.
The Faculty of Art, a collective of artists, educators, and life-long learners,
- Activates a deep knowledge of material processes in the production of images, objects, narratives and events through studio and hands-on practical experience.
- Applies critical and reflexive thinking to theory and practice, making and knowing, respecting the interplay of poetics and politics.
- Supports new knowledge through research and diverse modes of representation, including those that engage technological and social innovations.
- Negotiates the role of individual and shared creative practices within a networked and globalized world towards responsible action.
- Takes inspiration from the call to decolonize the university and ourselves, and a commitment to transformational teaching and learning that recognizes and incorporates Indigenous knowledge.
Our collective efforts support and align with the key principles of OCAD U’s Academic Plan.
Faculty of Art Office
Program Assistant: Oliver Valencia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Luke Painter, Interim Associate Chair
Program Assistant: Vivian So, email@example.com
Program Assistant: David Meachen, firstname.lastname@example.org