EAD Program frequently asked questions

1. What are the admission requirements for the English for Art and Design (EAD) summer program?

To participate in the EAD program, you must meet the following requirements:

  • You must have received an offer of admission from OCAD University.
  • Students who meet the EAD discretionary range must successfully pass the EAD program to fulfill OCAD U’s English proficiency requirements for admission to OCAD U.
  • Official English language test scores must be submitted to the Admissions & Recruitment Office by June 7, 2019.

2. If I do not meet OCAD U’s English proficiency requirements, how can the EAD program help me enter OCAD University?

If your English language test scores fall within the EAD discretionary range, you may participate in the EAD program. You must successfully pass the EAD program to fulfill OCAD U’s English proficiency requirements for admission in September. There is no final exam or test in the EAD program but your English language skills will be evaluated throughout the 5 week program to ensure you meet the level of skill required at OCAD U.

3. I want to apply to OCAD U in the future. Can I take the EAD Program to improve my English now?

Unfortunately, the EAD Program is currently only available to students who have received an offer of admission to OCAD U for the upcoming academic year.

4. What happens if I cannot submit my official English language test scores to the Admissions and Recruitment Office by the deadline?

You will not be allowed to participate in the EAD program and you will receive a full refund minus the $100 application fee.

You will have until sometime in August to meet any outstanding academic requirements for admission to OCAD U. For more information, please contact the Admissions & Recruitment Office.

5. How will the EAD program affect my First-Year program at OCAD University?

You will be better prepared. The classes are designed to build your academic skills and strategies, and give you plenty of opportunity for reading, writing, speaking, and listening practice. You will learn about all the support services for students and receive a thorough orientation to OCAD U and to the surrounding neighbourhoods of Toronto. All of this will give you a six-week head start on the first day of classes in September.

6. Can I use OSAP to fund the English for Art and Design Program?

OSAP stands for Ontario Student Assistance Program.

No. OSAP cannot help fund non-credit programs.

7. Do I need a Study Permit?

If you are an International Student, you will require a valid study permit (student visa) to study at OCAD U in September. We highly recommend that you apply for your study permit before you leave your home country. You should do this immediately because it can take a long time for your visa office to reply. You must receive a letter of approval (letter of introduction) from your visa office before you leave the country. You must show this at the airport when you arrive in Canada to receive your student visa.

Please visit Studying in Canada for more information on applying for a student visa.

If you're already studying in Canada on a study permit, you should apply to renew it immediately. Please visit Extending Your Stay for more information on renewing your permit.

If you have questions about the visa requirements, please contact Donald Kelly at 416-977-6000, Ext. 428 in the Admissions & Recruitment Office.

8. Where can I stay?

OCAD U does not operate its own housing services, however students do have access to some housing services operated by the University of Toronto. The closest dormitory to OCAD U (10-minute walk) is Chestnut Residence.

Chestnut Residence
89 Chestnut St., Toronto, Ont. M5S 1R1

For information on Housing, please click here Housing Information.

bio hira mavi su enginar macunu isveç şurubu diyeti spin mop tablet eskina baligi tasi epimedyumlu macun gümüş suyu dr piton no white hair glucogen borev bulaşık makinesi deterjanı