Interactive ResourcesThe following Canvas resources are available to OCAD U faculty to help you to navigate the teaching culture of the institution and prepare for teaching.
- OCAD U Faculty Handbook: This self-enrolled Canvas course provides resources and links for new and continuing faculty at OCAD University
- Canvas Guide for Faculty: This self-enrolled Canvas course provides an overview of the most useful tools, why and how to use them and, finally, step-by-step instructions for faculty on how to set up a Canvas course for the best student learning experience possible
- Shifting Perspectives: Inclusive Teaching & Learning at OCAD U: This self-enrolled Canvas course is a faculty training project that seeks to ensure the learning environments at OCAD U support and promote a range of approaches to teaching that best reflect the diverse learning styles of our students.
- Academic Integrity Modules: A self-enrolled Canvas course for students and faculty consisting of five modules with introductions, quizzes and toolkits of strategies and resources to learn more about academic integrity
Handouts and Worksheets
The following handouts and worksheets are provided for faculty who do not yet have access to Canvas so that they can begin preparing their courses. For the full suite of handouts, worksheets and resources, please access the interactive resources listed above.
- Preparing Content for the Course Outline Builder: This template will help prepare Faculty to input their content into the Course Outline Builder tool in Canvas
- 5 Tips for Setting up Your Canvas Course: This document outlines five strategies for configuring your Canvas environment to optimize student learning
- 10 Tips for a Successful First Week: A handout to help you plan your first day of class
Other Institutional Teaching Resources
- Canvas Knowledgebase: Struggling on how to implement some of the tools in your Canvas environment? This database can help
- Writing Across the Curriculum: This institutional initiative provides strategies, templates and research on how to integrate writing into art and design at OCAD University