The Rapid Prototyping (RP) Centre at OCAD University is located in Room 130, 100 McCaul St. The facility offers OCAD U students and faculty access to full-service, high-capacity rapid prototyping services at reasonable costs. Featuring the latest technologies, the RP Centre has the ability to produce functional prototypes, presentation models, casting patterns and production parts in a variety of materials, as well as the capability to digitize physical objects through 3D scanning processes. The technical staff working in the space are highly skilled in file manipulation, post-processing and finishing. For more information, contact the RP Centre at 416-977-6000, Ext. 589. You must be a registered OCAD U student or faculty member to use these facilities. These facilities are intended for curriculum-based projects only. Commercial endeavours will not be permitted.
Tutorials and templates
Facilities and equipment
- Trotec Speedy 500: Large-scale, 200 watt CO2 laser cutter/engraver with a 48" x 27" bed
- uPrint SE Plus 3D printer uses FDM Technology to build in real ABSplus thermoplastic in a 8" x 8" x 6" (203 x 203 x 152 mm) build envelope
- 3Z Pro Solidscape 3D printer is used to produce wax prints for lost-wax casting/investment casting and mold making applications with a 6" x 6" x 4" (152.4 x 152.4 x 101.6 mm) build envelops
- Next Engine Laser Scanner: Multi-laser, full colour, precision 3D scanner
- Techno-Isel 3 Axis CNC Router: 48" x 96" x 3" max size
- Object 3D Pro Polyjet 3D Printer with a 11.81" x 7.87" x 5.9" build envelope
Services and pricing
Maximum Size- 48" x 27"
File formats- .AI / .EPS / .DXF
|FDM 3D printing
Maximum size: 8" x 8" x 6"
File Format- .STL
Maximum size: 6" x 6"
Larger sizes may be accommodated
|3 axis CNC milling
Maximum size: 40" x 48" x 4"
File format: .STL/ /DFX/ .AI
Polyjet high-resolution 3D printing
$0.75/gram of build material
Wax 3D Printing