The Rapid Prototyping (RP) Centre at OCAD University is located in Room 130, 100 McCaul St. The facility offers OCAD U students and faculty access to full-service, high-capacity rapid prototyping services at reasonable costs. Featuring the latest technologies, the RP Centre has the ability to produce functional prototypes, presentation models, casting patterns and production parts in a variety of materials, as well as the capability to digitize physical objects through 3D scanning processes. The technical staff working in the space are highly skilled in file manipulation, post-processing and finishing. For more information, contact the RP Centre at 416-977-6000, Ext. 589. You must be a registered OCAD U student or faculty member to use these facilities. These facilities are intended for curriculum-based projects only. Commercial endeavours will not be permitted.
Tutorials and templates
Facilities and equipment
- Trotec Speedy 500: Large-scale, 200 watt CO2 laser cutter/engraver with a 48" x 27" bed
- Dimension BST 1200 ES Fused Deposition Rapid Prototyper: Outputs models in ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) & polycarbonate mixture in a 10" x 10" x 12" build envelope
- Creaform Handyscan EXAscan Laser Scanner: Hand-held, high-resolution, self-positioning direct to .STL file 3D laser scanner
- Next Engine Laser Scanner: Multi-laser, full colour, precision 3D scanner
- Techno-Isel 3 Axis CNC Router: 48" x 96" x 3" max size
- Object 3D Pro Polyjet 3D Printer with a 11.81" x 7.87" x 5.9" build envelope
Services and pricing
Maximum Size- 48" x 27"
File formats- .AI / .EPS / .DXF
|FDM 3D printing
Maximum size: 10" x 10" x 12"
File Format- .STL
Maximum size: 6" x 6"
Larger sizes may be accommodated
|3 axis CNC milling
Maximum size: 40" x 48" x 4"
File format: .STL/ /DFX/ .AI
Polyjet high-resolution 3D printing
$0.75/gram of build material
$0.33/gram of support material
All services are subject to a $6 setup fee.