Laptop Program Fees
- Students in the Laptop Program pay fees on an annual basis for software and support.
- Laptop fees are specific to your program and year of entry, are charged automatically upon registration, and are mandatory.
- Laptop Fees appear under "Laptop Fees" tab on the Student Finance account activity.
- The annual cost of fees are split 50/50 between Fall and Winter. Students who only enroll in one semester pay 50%. No fees are charged in Summer.
- More information can be found on the OCAD U website IT Services, Laptop Program Guide or contact the IT Services Help Desk
|Program||2016 Admit Year||2015 Admit Year||Previous Admit Years|
Faculty of Art
|First Year Art||316||316||310|
|Integrated Media & Digital Painting and Expanded Animation||428||428||310|
|Drawing and Painting||316||316||310|
|Criticism & Curatorial Practice||316||316||310|
|Cross-Disciplinary Art: Publications||316||316||310|
|Cross-Disciplinary Art: Life Studies||316||316||310|
Faculty of Design
|First Year and Expansion Studio Courses|
|Material Art & Design||391||391||350|
|School of Interdisciplinary Studies|
|Indigenous Visual Culture||316||316||310|
Faculty of Liberal Arts & Sciences
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Visual and Critical Studies||316||316||310|
|Interdisciplinary Master's in Art, Media and Design||306||306||300|
Laptop Fees appear under "Laptop Fees" tab on the Student Finance account activity.
What's Included in the Fees?
Starting in 2016-17, we include all of your software licensing, support and print fees in one blended fee per program area. These fees vary per program area due to varying software per program and Print Credits.
- Approximately 55% of the fee is for software licensing. This include Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office and Windows licensing Lynda.com. Variations in the fee account for per program software.
- Approximately 40% of the fee is for support. This is for staff support at the IT Services Help Desk, Loaner Laptops (in case yours breaks), dongles, power adapters and other hardware required to support our service.
- The remainder is for Print Credits and which is applied to your Print Account
Fee levels vary by admit year to account for students who already paid one-time fees for perpetual licenses of software.
Fees are subject to change on an annual basis and approval by Senate and the Board of Governors.