Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
The objective of the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) is to assist full-time and part-time students from lower- and middle-income families meet the costs of post-secondary education through a combination of federal and provincial grants and loans.
The purpose is to supplement, not replace, the financial resources that students (and their families, if applicable) are expected to contribute.
To apply for OSAP, learn when and how to receive OSAP funds and find out how to maintain or repay OSAP loans, visit the OSAP website.
Eligible OCAD University programs
The following OCAD University programs have been approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities as being eligible for OSAP funding:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (all program major areas) (BFA)
- Bachelor of Design (all program major areas) (BDes)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Visual and Critical Studies (Honours BA)
- Associate of the Ontario College of Art & Design Diploma (all program major areas) (AOCAD)
- Post-Graduate Certificate (all areas, including the Florence Program Advanced Visual Studies Certificate)
- Interdisciplinary Master's in Art, Media & Design (MA, MDes, MFA)
- Master of Fine Arts in Criticism & Curatorial Practice (MFA)
- Master of Contemporary Art, Design and New Media Art Histories (MA)
- Master of Design in Inclusive Design (MDes)
- Master's in Digital Futures (MA, MDes, MFA)
- Master of Design in Strategic Foresight and Innovation (MDes). Please note that for the purposes of this master's level program, nine credit hours in one semester is considered a 60% courseload and therefore students can apply to the full-time OSAP program for funding for that semester. For students with permanent disabilities, six credit hours in one semester is considered a 40% courseload and students can apply to the full-time OSAP program for funding for that semester. Part-time funding is available if the full-time courseload requirement is not met.
- Master of Inclusive Design (MDes)
- Master of Design in Design for Health (MDes)
The following OCAD U Program is NOT approved for OSAP funding by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities:
- Graduate diploma in Digital Futures