Room booking information
Rental space is available on campus. Interested parties wishing to host a meeting, workshop or special event at OCAD University can reserve space for use as a place of assembly for educational, charitable, cultural and similar gatherings or pursuits by organizations outside of the university.
Several meeting rooms, classrooms, two large lecture spaces, kitchenette and a general gathering area can be reserved for workshops and special events. Classrooms and meetings rooms are “smart” rooms; rooms equipped with audio capabilities, data projection and VCR/DVD projection.
We also have a green space, Butterfield Park, available for special events and community gathering.
Reservations and confirmation
Facilities, Planning & Management is the central location for the scheduling of all rental facilities for meetings, conferences, workshops and special events. All reservations for facilities must be submitted in writing at least 14 days prior to the event date. A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm all bookings, along with a $300 refundable damage deposit.
Full payment must be received 5 days prior to the event. Full charges will be levied for use of reserved accommodations unless cancellation is received in writing at least 72 hours before the event.
OCAD University Alumni officially booking the space will receive a 25% off the regular space rental fee.
Information on room rates, capacities and sizes are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking space for an event
When you contact us to book space for your conference, meeting or workshop, we will require the following information.
- Your name, the name of organization and the contact Information
- How you plan on using the university space
- The dates and times of your event
- The use of premises is available only during scheduled operational hours. Application for an extension of these hours can be arranged in advance however open/close fees will apply
- Number of guests attending your event
- Operational support for room set-ups and cleaning is required for bookings of more than 25 attendees.
- Is alcohol being served at the event?
- Alcohol permits (Special Occasion Permits): Security and Smart Serve-trained staff are all required at all alcohol events.
- Event security coverage?
- Is AV or IT equipment and technical support required?
Information and application forms on room bookings can be obtained via email at email@example.com.
Internal room bookings
OCAD University staff and faculty can reserve a room for a special event or meeting on campus, simply by logging into OCAD U’s room request portal at https://roomschedule.ocad.ca/portal.
All university staff and faculty space requests must adhere to the following guidelines to be eligible to use the space free of charge.
- The provision of space for the delivery of courses and formal instruction offered by approved programs of study.
- The provision of space for all other formal activities necessary for students to complete their programs of study (e.g., special arrangements for tests and examinations to support students with disabilities, final examinations, critiques etc.).
- The provision of space for supplementary instruction and independent studio learning outside of the classroom or studio.
- The provision of space for Continuing Education programs.
- The provision of space for major university sponsored events which the university deems to be of significance.
- The provision of space for major external bookings that generate revenue for the university.
- The provision of space for short periods of time for seminars, meetings, colloquia etc. and other activities organized by recognized university groups.
- The provision of space for all other activities approved by the university.
Any booking requests falling outside these criteria will be recognized as an external space requests and will be subject to applicable rental fees.
Include the date, time-frame and room you wish to reserve. A confirmation will be sent to you when the request has been processed. If you would like to receive a quick reference guide on how to log on and use the room requests portal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
All space rentals
A limited number of tables and chairs are available for functions held on campus; supply sufficient only for minor functions. It is strongly recommended that all departments determine their requirements well in advance of an event. Any persons planning and coordinating special events should confirm space is booked by contacting email@example.com.