Distribution Services provides daily campus pick-up and delivery of all internal and external university mail, including processing all incoming and outgoing Canada Post mail, any courier packages scheduled to be sent out by shipping and receiving and fax services.
Service also includes the delivery of small items such as library books and related materials through the Inter-University Transit System (IUTS) or transport of large items such as tables, chairs and other classroom/studio equipment.
If you require assistance, we can be reached at:
Distribution Services Support Team support staff:
416-977-6000, Ext. 1234
Hours of operation:
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Level 2, 100 McCaul St. (near the central receiving area)
Incoming Canada Post mail
All incoming Canada Post mail addressed to OCAD University is delivered and sorted in Distribution Services at 100 McCaul St. All sorted mail is delivered throughout the day, after 9 a.m., to the appropriate departments on campus.
All mail addressed to the OCAD University is the property of OCAD University. Distribution Services may, in its discretion, reject any mail it deems personal. All undesignated mail or unidentified mail will be opened in the presence of the Manager, Campus Operations, or an assigned designate Distribution Services Coordinator; and the Distributions Services clerk.
All Canada Post mail leaving the campus must have the correct mailing address information as well as a return address and recipient name.
University mailing address:
Title and/or Department
100 McCaul St.
Departmental mail-out process
- Address all documents, letters, parcels and bundle them based on destination (domestic, United States or international).
- Fill out your department account code and contact information on forms provided.
- Leave the bundles in the mail pick-up location designated by your department. If you aren’t sure about the pickup location, please see your department administrator.
- Departments of the chargeback for all couples postage is costs on a regular basis.
Interoffice mail sent within the OCAD University from one building to another will be transported free of charge. All interoffice mail should be addressed to include the name of the destination person, department and building.
Distribution Services staff accept and process packages from staff and outside vendors. All the information identifying the packages are properly identified; departmental address, building number or purchase order number and whenever possible, the individual who placed the order are carefully logged.
All packages must be university-related. Distribution Services may, at its discretion, reject any packages it deems personal and non-university related.
Packages are received daily from all courier vendors:
- Canada Post
Parcels and large deliverables must be correctly addressed:
(Your department's name)
100 McCaul St.
Attention: Recipient’s name/phone number
Distribution Services staff deliver packages and parcels to departments on campus. A signature acknowledges receipt of the deliverable is required. This is to guarantee proof of delivery (POD) as a means of tracking parcels throughout the campus.
- Check contents: open packages immediately to verify the quantities are correct and verify the content condition is acceptable.
- Test electronics: make sure it is in good working condition; verify electrical and technical function.
Thoroughly inspect shipped items for damages, check the packing slips orders and report any damages or discrepancies within 24 hours to Distributionservices@ocadu.ca and the purchasing agent (email@example.com).
Fragile/oversize shipments: Distribution Services is responsible for and receives delivery for the majority of materials even though policy is to accept all in the materials, we have some logistics exceptions for a place of authority you need to consider the following:
- Shipment weight: Distribution Services will not accept deliveries or single units larger than 5000 pounds.
- Shipment size: weeks of the majority of oversize shipments. However, departments response to oversize shipments for the department
- Department access: Simple rule: if it doesn’t go through your door or if it doesn’t fit in the elevator, it’s department’s responsibility with such items to the final location.
- Fragile shipments: To order fragile sense of equipment, as the purchasing department to make arrangements for a set in place. This would limit potential delivery risk of and fragile price to our talk, distribution services staff make an assessment on a one-on-one basis, to determine if special handling is required. Department to response to move and fragile, shipping handling is required.
- Missed delivered parcels: Call us immediately if you receive a parcel in error. Failure to do so may result in the department being charged for the full value of the merchandise.
- Personal parcels: We do not accept personal parcels and are not responsible for damage or loss of such items.
Inter-University Transit System (IUTS) transport courier service provided by the COU (Council of Ontario Universities) is created to ensure the safe and secure exchange of books and mail between universities in Ontario and related organizations.
All IUTS shipments must have an IUTS, CANPAR waybill. Waybills can be obtained by contacting istributionServices@ocadu.ca.
Couriered items and large packages courier/transport
- Departments are required to bring the envelope or small package to Distribution Services, 100 McCaul St., MCA 239. A special request for pick-up of a large courier item can be phoned in to Distribution Services. Special efforts are made to accommodate the department (24-hour notice is required).
- Every envelope or package going out must have a courier waybill prepared so it can go out (supplies of courier forms are available from Distribution Services).
- Shipping items via courier is up to the discretion of Distribution Services.
- Department cost centre must appear on the waybill. The only exception is for a collection.
- All courier packages must be in the shipping department by 12:30 p.m.
- All courier service are to be paid for using a purchasing card.