Peer mentor support
Helpful information to support Peer Mentors through the summer/academic year:
- Connect with other Peer Mentors on Facebook
- Student Mentee assignment schedule 2017
- Support materials
- About Peer Mentor Awards
Connect with other Peer Mentors on Facebook
This (closed/request to join) Facebook group, OCAD U Peer Mentors, provides peer mentors (current and past) with a place online to connect, ask questions, share experiences and support one another.
Student Mentee assignment schedule 2017
Campus Life will send assignment and contact information by email to Student Mentees and Peer Mentors at 4:00 p.m. per the following schedule.
(If you do not get an email with a Mentee assignment on one date, then none has been assigned. Watch your OCAD U email on the next listed date).
Please initiate contact with assigned Student Mentees within three
business days (by Friday) of that same week:
- Tuesday, June 6
- Tuesday, June 13
- Tuesday, June 20
- Tuesday, June 27
- Tuesday, July 4
- Tuesday, July 11
- Tuesday, July 18
- Tuesday, July 25
- No Peer Mentor assignment August 1 due to staff vacation
- No Peer Mentor assignment August 8 due to staff vacation
- Tuesday, August 15
Student Mentees wishing to have a Peer Mentor assigned in advance of
O-DAYS! (orientation) should apply no later than August 21.
- Tuesday, August 22
- No Peer Mentor assignment August 29 due to O-DAYS!
- No Peer Mentor assignment September 5 due to O-DAYS!
- Tuesday, September 12
- Peer Mentor Checklist 2017/2018 (PDF)
- Student Mentor Program Handbook 2017/2018 (PDF)
- Tips from Student Advising on how to be an effective Peer Mentor (PDF)
- OCAD University Health & Wellness Protocol for
Supporting Students in Distress (PDF)
- Deeper than Diversity (PDF)
- Campus Building ID Codes (PDF)
About Peer Mentor Awards
Peer Mentor Awards acknowledge those peer mentors who make outstanding contributions — in addition to maintaining regular communication with student mentees, submitting monthly online reports, and participating in campus activities — while adhering to the program's mandate. Find out more about the nomination process.
Brent Everett James
Campus Life Coordinator
Student Success Programs
416-977-6000, Ext. 275