Campus Life and First-Year Initiatives (First Generation Programs) are committed to ensuring that upper-year volunteer student peer mentors in the Student Mentor Program are aware of their value to the program and that their efforts are appreciated and recognized.
Peer Mentor Awards acknowledge those peer mentors who made outstanding contributions, supporting new and first-year students and helping build community, while adhering to the mandate of the program.
All peer mentors participating in the 2015/2016 Student Mentor Program are eligible to be nominated for ONE of TWO awards (valued at $500 each). Successful candidates will be announced at an annual appreciation event in March 2016. Nominators will also be invited.
- Associate Vice-President, Students
- Campus Life Coordinator, Student Success Programs
- Program Assistant, First Generation Programs
Student Mentees who feel they significantly benefited from connection with their Peer Mentor are encouraged to highlight their experience. If you are a First Generation student (who is the first in your family to attend university of college), the chance to have meaningful, ongoing engagement with a Peer Mentor familiar with OCAD U would have been particularly powerful. We'd love to hear from you!
Nominations will be accepted from all members of the OCAD U community, including Student Mentor Program participants, students, faculty, staff and alumni until Friday, February 26, 2016. Peer Mentors cannot nominate themselves
Please describe nominee's achievements by explaining in no more than 500 words:
- Specific examples of how the nominee meets the selection criteria outlined on the nomination form.
- How these examples have improved community on campus.
- Any additional points you feel would be relevant to the selection committee.
Download this 2015/2016 Nomination Form (PDF) or pick up a printed copy:
- Campus Life (Level 1, 51 McCaul St.)
- Student Advising (Room 266, Level 2, 100 McCaul St.)
- Writing & Learning Centre (Room 510, Level 5, 113 McCaul St.)
Nominations are to be submitted to the attention of Brent Everett James, Campus Life Coordinator, Level 1, 51 McCaul St. (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) no later than Friday, February 26, 2016.