NATIONAL PORTFOLIO DAY
An education in art and design is a special learning experience. National Portfolio Day is your opportunity to meet professionals from some of the finest design and visual arts schools in North America. It’s not a competition, and no offers of admission will be made. Bring your portfolio, containing no more than 15 pieces of your best work, and have it critiqued by the school of your choice.
OCAD University will host National Portfolio Day on Saturday November 9, 2013 throughout our main campus building at 100 McCaul Street.
At our National Portfolio Day event reviews are held from 12 noon to 4 p.m.. Admission is free. (No preregistration. Doors open at 11:45 a.m.).
What should you bring?
Include a variety of finished pieces in your portfolio that demonstrate your ability to work with a wide range of techniques, materials and subject matter. Drawings may be from direct observation as well as from your imagination and memory. New media or time based work can be included. Work exploring colour, form, mixed media, and 3D approaches are welcome. In addition to finished pieces, your portfolio may include works in progress. Include a sketchbook/creative journal to demonstrate your creative process and work habits. Do not mat or frame your work, or worry about the presentation. The work itself is what is of interest.
No admission decisions or scholarship awards will be offered at National Portfolio Days.
Colleges and Universities that attended OCAD University's 2012 National Portfolio Day:
- Alberta College of Art + Design, Calgary AB
Art Center College of Design, Pasadena CA
California College of the Arts, San Francisco CA
California Institute of the Arts(CalArts), Valencia CA
Cleveland Institute of Art, Cleveland OH
- College for Creative Studies, Detroit MI
Columbus College of Art & Design, Columbus OH
Concordia University - Faculty of Fine Arts, Montreal QC
Corcoran College of Art + Design, Washington DC
Ecole Parsons a Paris (Paris College of Art), Paris, France
Emily Carr University, Vancouver BC
FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, Los Angeles CA
Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University, Grand Rapids MI
Lawrence Technological University, Southfield MI
MICA/Maryland Institute of Art, Baltimore MD
Moore College of Art & Design, Philadelphia PA
- Nova Scotia College of Art and Design (NSCAD University), Halifax NS
OCAD University, Toronto ON
- Parsons The New School for Design, New York NY
Pratt Institute, Brooklyn NY
PrattMWP, Utica NY
Rhode Island School of Design (RSDI), Providence RI
- San Francisco Art Institute, San Francisco CA
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC), Chicago IL
School of Visual Arts, New York NY
The Art Institute of Boston at Lesley University, Boston MA
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond VA
For more information about the National Portfolio Day Association please visit their website.
Representatives from OCAD U attend several National Portfolio Day Events throughout North America. Bring your work, have it critiqued and meet with OCAD U Faculty and staff. Visit us at any of the following National Portfolio Day Events.
- Saturday, October 20, 2012: Syracuse National Portfolio Day at Syracuse University College of Visual and Performing Arts, Syracuse NY
- Sunday, October 21, 2012: Chicago National Portfolio Day at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago IL
- Sunday, October 28, 2012: Michigan National Portfolio Day at the University of Michigan School of Art & Design, Ann Arbor MI
- Sunday, November 4, 2012: Boston National Portfolio Day, hosted by the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston at the Hynes Convention Center, Boston MA
- Sunday, November 18, 2012: New York National Portfolio Day hosted by Parsons The New School For Design at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York NY
- Saturday, December 1, 2012: Vancouver National Portfolio Day at Emily Carr University of Art + Design, Vancouver BC
Last Modified:4/10/2013 2:57:55 PM
Put Your Best Portfolio Forward
CONTACT UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
Casey Hinton, Admissions & Recruitment Assistant
416-977-6000, Ext. 2055
Julie Staffieri, Admissions Coordinator
416-977-6000, Ext. 310
Nadia Galati, Recruitment Coordinator
416-977-6000, Ext. 489
Tammy Madden, Admissions Officer
416-977-6000, Ext. 308
Donald Kelly, Recruitment Officer
416-977-6000, Ext. 428
Jan Sage, Director, Admissions & Recruitment
416-977-6000, Ext. 236
Admissions & Recruitment, OCAD University, 100 McCaul Street, Toronto ON, M5T 1W1