To book videos/DVDs from the OCAD University Library collection:
Please submit requests 2 WEEKS prior to screening date.
Contact: Video bookings are arranged through Janice Perrin, ext. 254; email@example.com.
If a title you require is not available in the Library collection:
The Library has a video-sharing agreement with other universities through Interfilm. Titles can be searched via the Interfilm online catalogue. To book videos/DVDs from Interfilm at least 4 WEEKS notice is required. We will still attempt to book titles with less notice, but the loan will be subject to the discretion of the lending institution.
Borrowers of InterFilm films agree to the following Interfilm Service Copyright Agreement:
-Faculty of OCAD may use the Ontario Universities Interfilm Service for teaching and research purposes while on OCAD’s campus.
-All films are copyrighted. Interfilm videotapes or DVD’s may not be used for the preparation of any publication, scholarly or otherwise; or for any purpose other than teaching or research.
-All users must agree not to re-sell, lease, transfer, sub-license or otherwise distribute a copy of any Interfilms, in whole or in part.
-Users agree not to modify, corrupt, or alter any video/film content or the like.
Equipment bookings at 113 McCaul Street contact AV Loans ext. 353 or AVbooking113@ocadu.ca
Requesting Video Titles/Materials for the OCAD University Library
Requests must be received 4-6 weeks in advance to allow for procurement, shipping, and processing.
All acquisitions for the OCAD University Library video collection are made by Visual Resources & Special Collections subject to the availability of funds and the Video Purchasing Guidelines below. Reimbursements are not provided for any materials purchased otherwise.
VHS format tapes will no longer purchased beginning July 1st, 2007.
All DVDs must be encoded in the NTSC standard and playable in Region 1.
Contact: Please send requests for video purchases to Victoria Sigurdson (Head, Visual Resources & Special Collections), x.344 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video Purchasing Guidelines:
When evaluating video titles for acquisition, the following criteria are considered:
• closed-captioning and descriptive video options
• the title's relevance to curriculum in multiple areas of study or the level of general interest the title presents to the OCAD University community
• whether or not the title is intended to be used for more than one course or term of study
• whether or not the title has been previewed by faculty
• the representation of the title's subject area, genre, or creator by titles already held in the OCAD University Library video collection
• the availability of the title via Interfilm request from another university.
Policies will not remain static and will change as necessary. The policies strive to serve the OCAD University community as a whole and will be thoroughly reviewed as needed.
Last Modified:12/6/2012 10:51:05 AM
NEW DATABASE: Sage Knowledge - A general / multidisciplinary database which includes more than 2,500 academic ebooks and 350 handbooks and encyclopedias.
- NEW DATABASE: Oxford Journals Online (see title list)
- NEW IN PRINT: new BOOKS or JOURNALS
- View 2013 Melva J. Dwyer Award nominated titles
- NEW RESOURCE: Artists as Writers index