CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Learning Zone is a unique and dynamic exhibition space with several venues for exhibition in a variety of media, including the Main Space, the iHub gallery and the Public Media Display. Please read the section appropriate to each space below for specific exhibition information.
The Learning Zone encourages submissions from all areas of study at OCAD University. Submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis. The Learning Zone accepts proposals for solo and group exhibitions. Students who wish to curate an exhibition of student work are also encouraged to apply.
Learning Zone (Main Space)
With a large glass wall facing the first level of Village by the Grange, the Learning Zone provides an excellent opportunity to have your work seen by the OCADU community and the general public.
Students interested in exhibiting their work in the Learning Zone should submit the following information and supplementary material to Marta Chudolinska, Learning Zone Librarian:
- Artist name or name of collective
- Program of Study
- Year Level
- 1-3 digital images of work for exhibition or related work in .jpg or .tiff format (Please name the file with the title of the piece)
- Information about each image submitted, including: Title of the piece, Dimensions, Medium, Date
Image credit: Eunice Luk, Roommates exhibition, 2011.
- Work must be exhibition ready; meaning no final touches should be
made to artwork once delivered to the Learning Zone for exhibition. 2-Dimensional work must be ready to hang on the wall and 3-Dimensional work must be stable if standing.
- Approved hanging materials are finishing nails, picture hangers or magnets (should you require another hanging mechanism please provide details in your application).
- Work must be delivered for installation to the Learning Zone office at the agreed upon time. After the exhibition work must be picked up from the Learning Zone office at the agreed upon time.
The layout of the Learning Zone main exhibition space can be helpful in planning your exhibition.
Internationaleyes iHub Gallery
Internationaleyes is a group which assists new and returning international students—and any other interested OCADU students—wishing to network, share concerns, meet new friends, and make meaningful global connections. The group is comprised of diverse and enthusiastic members who wish to make the most of their learning experience at OCAD, in Toronto, and in Canada. Each month, Internationaleyes will exhibit work by international students and newcomers to Canada from OCADU’s Art and Design faculties in the Learning Zone.
Image credit: Liisa Aaltio, 2011
The Internationaleyes iHub gallery is located between the Learning Zone office and AV Loans. The exhibition space is 7 feet wide and 8 feet high. Download the application criteria here and submit your exhibition proposals and questions to International Student Monitor Liisa Aaltio.
Public Media Display
The Public Display is a widescreen LCD screen inside of the Learning Zone which faces out into the Grange building. It is perfectly suited to displaying digital artwork including film, animation, photography, and digital images. The LCD screen is attached to a Mac mini and is connected to a speaker installed outside of the Learning Zone. Please contact Marta Chudolinska for specific instructions on how to format your submissions.
Last Modified:1/24/2012 12:57:32 PM
NEW DATABASE: Sage Knowledge - A general / multidisciplinary database which includes more than 2,500 academic ebooks and 350 handbooks and encyclopedias.
- NEW DATABASE: Oxford Journals Online (see title list)
- NEW IN PRINT: new BOOKS or JOURNALS
- View 2013 Melva J. Dwyer Award nominated titles
- NEW RESOURCE: Artists as Writers index