FIND STYLE GUIDES
Writing Style Guides
- HyperGrammar (Univ. of Ottawa)
One of the best writing style guides online! Find succinct descriptions, with useful examples, of all aspects of English language grammar, syntax and diction.
- Quotations: When & Why
- Formatting Quotations
- Definitions for Citations & Quotations
- Finding Citation Information for a Bibliography (or Works Cited List) from Print Sources using NEW 7th ed.
MLA, APA, Chicago/Turabian Style Guides
- KniteCite (Heckman Library, Calvin College): cut and paste citation information into formatting tool and have your citations formatted automatically in MLA, APA, or Chicago. Includes multimedia, artworks, photographs, film and video
- Cite Source (Trinity College, Hartford):access MLA, APA, Chicago style guides in print friendly PDF format
- MLA (7th ed), also APA, Chicago (footnote) (Williams College Libraries): describes citations and works cited formats for all three styles. BOOK MARK THIS SITE! An excellent resource that is concise and authoritative.
- MLA Citation Guide (Academy of Art University Library): including artworks, online images, films, videos
- MLA Works Cited List (U. Wisconsin, Madison): including films, DVDs, works of art.
- Citation and Style Guides (Concordia U. Libraries): a directory of useful site from authoritative academic sources covering MLA, APA and Chicago/Turabian styles.
- MLA, APA, Chicago/Turabian Guide for citations and works cited/bibliography (Univ. of Toronto "Writing Advice")
- MLA In-Text (Parenthetical) Citations
Image Style Guides
How to Cite Electronic Sources Library of Congress: How to cite illustrations, photographs, films, maps using 6th edition MLA.
Citing Images Using MLA or APA Style Simon Fraser University uses 7th edition MLA.
View AUCC (Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada) "Copying Right" policy statement.
Last Modified:1/10/2013 8:42:53 PM
NEW DATABASE: Sage Knowledge - A general / multidisciplinary database which includes more than 2,500 academic ebooks and 350 handbooks and encyclopedias.
- NEW DATABASE: Oxford Journals Online (see title list)
- NEW IN PRINT: new BOOKS or JOURNALS
- View 2013 Melva J. Dwyer Award nominated titles
- NEW RESOURCE: Artists as Writers index