All print, AV and electronic materials at the Dorothy H. Hoover Library are collected to support the creative research needs of all members of the OCAD U community: students, staff and faculty.
Help Build our Collection
To suggest a book for our collection:
- Print out our Book Request Form
- Submit completed form at the Library reference desk
For more information contact:Robert Fabbro (Art and Design), 416-977-6000, Ext. 343
Daniel Payne (Art and Liberal Studies), 416-977-6000, Ext. 217
To request images or videos for our collection:
For more information on visual resources contact:
Victoria Sigurdson (Art/Design Images and Videos), 416-977-6000, Ext. 344
Gifts and donations
- Generally, the Library's collections are intended to reflect curriculum concerns.
- Specifically, the policy objectives underlying the development of the collections are, in order of priority:
a) to support specific course requirements;
b) to support general study and practical research in contemporary art and design; and
c) to facilitate a basic understanding in areas of knowledge relating to art and design.
- It will be the responsibility of the Library Administration to implement these objectives with due regard to the:
a) quality of the collections as a whole and the relative merits of specific material under consideration;
b) university's obligations and commitments to provide equal access to students, faculty and staff with disabilities; and
c) need to balance the priorities of the policy objectives against limitations imposed by financial, physical and other organizational factors.