Onsite is closed until spring 2017 in preparation for the opening of our new location at 199 Richmond St. W.
Officially opened in 2007 as the OCAD Professional Gallery, the gallery became Onsite Gallery in 2010.
Onsite Gallery, OCAD University’s public gallery and exploratory platform for art, design and curatorial practice, aims to foster social and cultural transformation.
Onsite Gallery’s mandate is:
- To advance the goals, aspirations and strategic priorities of OCAD University
- To collaborate with professional artists, designers and curators
- To develop public art, design and media interventions and works outside of the gallery
- To play a leadership role in developing dialogues and programming of relevance to Toronto, and to link these to international practices and issues
- To involve and respond to a diverse public of students, faculty and staff, as well as local and international cultural participants
- To stimulate curricular and co-curricular learning and innovative research in art, design and curatorial practice
- To heighten the public profile of OCAD University and to provide vital encounters between the university and the public
- To develop programs, systems and policies that involve and converse with people of widely differing experiences, including students, faculty, staff, researchers, artists, designers, curators and the general public
- To support excellence in visual culture
- To promote engaged citizenship through exploration of society, culture and aesthetics