Nominations for Alumni of Influence Awards can be made from either within the OCAD University community (alumni, faculty, staff and students) or from the external community. The Selection Committee will review the nomination packages and select winners by March 2016. The award recipients will be notified in March 2016, formally announced to the public in June 2016 and receive their awards at a reception in Toronto in October 2016.
Please complete and submit the nomination package, along with all associated documents, by February 22, 2016.
- Nomination package and checklist (PDF, requires free Adobe Reader)
- Nominee’s current curriculum vitae
- No more than five (5) pieces of supplementary documentations (including images)
- Nomination statement
- Nominee's portrait photo (optional)
- Maximum two (2) letters of support (optional)
The Alumni of Influence Awards recognize the outstanding accomplishments and contributions of alumni under the following five categories:
- Distinguished Alumni - Accomplished leader, practitioner, strategist, creative thinker, innovator, entrepreneur or inventor
- Distinguished Educator - Accomplished educational leader, practitioner, strategist representing excellence as a practising professional, mentor and teacher (may include past or current instructors at OCAD U)
- World Builders - individuals who have made substantive humanitarian contributions to their community and culture; individuals who are active volunteers and/or are supporting global causes
- Trailblazer - Alumni who graduated within the last 10 years and are "ones to watch"
- Legacy - A posthumous award recognizing substantial contributions to art, design and digital media
Nominees will have received a graduating degree or diploma from OCAD University.*
Alumni currently serving on the Alumni Council, Board of Governors or currently holding senior administrative positions at the university are not eligible to be nominated or to receive awards.
Nominations are kept on file and eligible for consideration for three years.
*Individuals who have completed at least two credits at OCA/OCAD or 16 credits at OCAD U may be considered.
Hard-copy nomination package can be delivered to:
Alumni of Influence Awards
Development and Alumni Relations
230 Richmond St, W. -- 10th floor
Toronto ON M5V 3E5
Or email files to
If you have any questions, feel free to contact:
Kayla Barbeau (BFA, DRPT, 2012)
Coordinator, Alumni Relations
(416) 977-6000, Ext. 4880
Deadline: February 22, 2016