The Metal Shop (Room 122) is a well-equipped space that provides students with the facilities and equipment required to carry out the processes involved in metal fabrication, including:
- Sheet metal forming, breaking, rolling
- Hot and cold bending
- Sand blasting
- Welding (tig, mig, stick, spot, oxy/acetylene)
- Tube bending
- Surface finishing
- Cutting (abrasive saw, cold saw, band saw, shear, plasma cutter, oxy/acetylene)
The Metal Shop is now closed for Summer 2014.
Consumable materials can be purchased from technicians or class assistants during open studio hours. Please check studio and shop schedules in order to ensure you are not interrupting a class when you go to buy materials. Materials can only be bought using OCAD U tickets. Tickets can be purchased from the Cashier, Monday to Thursday, from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Cashier is located in the Rosalie Sharp Pavilion, 115 McCaul Street, Level 1.
The following materials are readily available for students to purchase:
- Plate steel
- Sheet steel (aluminum, stainless steel, copper, brass, galvanized steel, tin plated)
- Perforated sheet steel in various patterns
- Angle iron
- Round bar (aluminum, stainless steel, copper, brass)
- Square bar (aluminum, stainless steel, copper, brass)
- Flat bar (aluminum)
- Round tube (aluminum, stainless steel)
- Square tube (aluminum)
- Rectangular tube
416-977-6000, Ext. 272
The shops and studios are now closed for the summer.
The first day of the new academic year is: Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014.
Please check back soon for updated schedules!