RAPID PROTOTYPING CENTRE
The Rapid Prototyping (RP) Centre at OCAD University is located in Room 130 at 100 McCaul St. The facility offers OCAD U students and faculty access to full-service, high-capacity rapid prototyping services at reasonable costs. Utilizing the latest technologies, the RP Centre has the ability to produce functional prototypes, presentation models, casting patterns and production parts in a variety of materials, as well as the capability to digitize physical objects through 3D scanning processes. The technical staff working in the space are highly skilled in file manipulation, post-processing and finishing. For more information, contact the RP Centre at 416-977-6000, Ext. 589. You must be a registered OCAD U student or faculty member to use these facilities. These facilities are intended for curriculum based projects only. Commercial endeavors will not be permitted.
Tutorials & Templates
- Trotec Speedy 500: Large scale: 200 watt CO2 laser cutter/ engraver with a 48" x 27" bed
- PowerSHARP Laser Engraver: 60 watt laser with a 24" x 19" bed
- Dimension BST 1200 ES Fused Deposition Rapid Prototyper: Outputs models in ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) & polycarbonate mixture
- 3D Systems ProJet HD3000 Multi Jet Modeling Rapid Prototyper: Outputs high definition models in ultra-violet catalyzed epoxy resin
- Roland MDX-20 3D Mill/Bump Scanner
- Creaform Handyscan EXAscan Laser Scanner: Hand-held, high resolution, self-positioning direct to .STL file 3D laser scanner
- Next Engine Laser Scanner: Multi Laser, full colour precision 3D scanner
- Techno-Isel 3 Axis CNC Router: 40" x 48" x 4" max size
Hours of Operation
The Rapid Prototyping Centre is open Monday - Friday, 9am - 4:30pm, from May 31st until June 28th. Only those students registered in spring/summer 2013 courses have access to the RP Centre.
416-977-6000, Ext. 589
Services & Pricing
|Laser Cutting/ Engraving
Maximum Size- 48 x 27 in
File Formats- .AI / .EPS / .DXF
|MJM 3D Printing
Maximum Size- 11.75 x 7 x 8 in
File Format- .STL
|FDM 3D Printing
Maximum Size- 10 x 10 x 12 in
File Format- .STL
Maximum Size- 6 x 6 in
Larger sizes may be accommodated
|3 Axis CNC Milling
Maximum Size- 40 x 48 x 4 in
File Format- .STL/ /DFX/ .AI
All services are subject to a $6 setup fee
Welcome all spring/summer 2013 students! Only those students enrolled in studio courses have access to the shops and studios during the summer months.
Please check individual studio pages for updated schedules.
Thank you to all who participated in TOOLBOX 2012!
A celebration of studio based education
Wednesday, November 7 & Thursday, November 8