RAPID PROTOTYPING CENTRE
The Rapid Prototyping (RP) Centre at OCAD University is located in Room 130 at 100 McCaul St. The facility offers OCAD U students and faculty access to full-service, high-capacity rapid prototyping services at reasonable costs. Featuring the latest technologies, the RP Centre has the ability to produce functional prototypes, presentation models, casting patterns and production parts in a variety of materials, as well as the capability to digitize physical objects through 3D scanning processes. The technical staff working in the space are highly skilled in file manipulation, post-processing and finishing. For more information, contact the RP Centre at 416-977-6000, Ext. 589. You must be a registered OCAD U student or faculty member to use these facilities. These facilities are intended for curriculum based projects only. Commercial endeavors will not be permitted.
Tutorials and Templates
- Trotec Speedy 500: Large scale: 200 watt CO2 laser cutter/ engraver with a 48" x 27" bed
- PowerSHARP Laser Engraver: 60 watt laser with a 24" x 19" bed
- Dimension BST 1200 ES Fused Deposition Rapid Prototyper: Outputs models in ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) & polycarbonate mixture
- 3D Systems ProJet HD3000 Multi Jet Modeling Rapid Prototyper: Outputs high definition models in ultra-violet catalyzed epoxy resin
- Roland MDX-20 3D Mill/Bump Scanner
- Creaform Handyscan EXAscan Laser Scanner: Hand-held, high resolution, self-positioning direct to .STL file 3D laser scanner
- Next Engine Laser Scanner: Multi Laser, full colour precision 3D scanner
- Techno-Isel 3 Axis CNC Router: 40" x 48" x 4" max size
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for 2014 winter semester laser cutting file submissions is Monday, April 7, 2014. Any files submitted past this deadline will not be processed.
416-977-6000, Ext. 589
Services and Pricing
|Laser Cutting/ Engraving
Maximum Size- 48 x 27 in
File Formats- .AI / .EPS / .DXF
|MJM 3D Printing
Maximum Size- 11.75 x 7 x 8 in
File Format- .STL
|FDM 3D Printing
Maximum Size- 10 x 10 x 12 in
File Format- .STL
Maximum Size- 6 x 6 in
Larger sizes may be accommodated
|3 Axis CNC Milling
Maximum Size- 40 x 48 x 4 in
File Format- .STL/ /DFX/ .AI
All services are subject to a $6 setup fee
The shops and studios are now closed for end of term maintenance and preparation for OCAD University's 99th annual Graduate Exhibition.