SHOPS and STUDIOS OVERVIEW
The Shops and Studios are teaching and working facilities intended for use by OCAD U students enrolled in studio courses. Open studio access is available only at times when classes are not in progress. All students using a shop or studio must demonstrate competence, technical skill, and knowledge of health and safety issues pertinent to the area before they are allowed access to the space. Students should expect to incur all material costs relevant to the size and scope of the projects they undertake in the shops and studios.
The Studio Management department is responsible for overseeing the safe and successful operation of all shops and studios at OCAD U. Working alongside faculty and staff, the Studio Management office is responsible for:
- Overseeing technicians and class assistants
- Employing student monitors
- Health and safety training
- Equipment purchases and maintenance
- Liaising with faculty to provide studio support for curriculum
- Researching and implementing sustainable practices in the studios
- Managing inquiries related to studio access and use
- Administering shop and studio production materials fees
Assistant, Studio Facilities
416.977.6000 Ext. 362
The shops and studios are now closed for the summer.
The first day of the new academic year is: Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014.
Please check back soon for updated schedules!