SHOPS & STUDIOS OVERVIEW
The Shops & Studios are teaching and working facilities intended for use by OCAD students enrolled in studio courses. Open studio access is available only at times when classes are not in progress. All students using a shop or studio must demonstrate competence, technical skill, and knowledge of health and safety issues pertinent to the area before they are allowed access to the space. Students should expect to incur all material costs relevant to the size and scope of the projects they undertake in the shops and studios.
The Studio Management department is responsible for overseeing the safe and successful operation of all shops and studios at OCAD. Working alongside faculty and staff, the Studio Management office is responsible for:
- Overseeing technicians and class assistants
- Employing student monitors
- Health and safety training
- Equipment purchases and maintenance
- Liaising with faculty to provide studio support for curriculum
- Researching and implementing sustainable practices in the studios
- Managing inquiries related to studio access and use
- Administering shop and studio production materials fees
The Studio Management office is located in Room 102, at 100 McCaul Street. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8:30am until 4:30pm. General inquiries about the shops and studios can be directed to Studio Management.
Coordinator, Studio Management
Welcome all spring/summer 2013 students! Only those students enrolled in studio courses have access to the shops and studios during the summer months.
Please check individual studio pages for updated schedules.
Thank you to all who participated in TOOLBOX 2012!
A celebration of studio based education
Wednesday, November 7 & Thursday, November 8