OFFICE OF SAFETY & RISK MANAGEMENT
Office of Safety & Risk Management Accountabilities:
1. Insurance and Risk
- Identify risk associated with our work and learning activities and environment
- Develop and maintaining an institutional ERM (Enterprise Risk Management)program
- Obtaining and maintaining adequate insurance for OCAD University
- Contractor and contractual liability evaluations
- Assist faculty in facilitating student internships, placements, and international travel
2. Health and Safety
- Conducting gap analysis on safety and risk issues (often based on legislation and level of risk), and determining the required corresponding controls
- Develop safety and risk controls and injury prevention strategies via safety programs, policies, procedures etc.
- Maintain the university's chemical management program including WHMIS, MSDS, hazardous waste, MOE (HWIN Requirements), air quality monitoring/sampling
- Maintain and provide emergency equipment including first aid kits, emergency eyewash stations, emergency showers, spill kits, personal protective equipment etc.
- Conduct safety reviews and approval of student art and design installations in public space
- Investigations and incident reporting including Ministry of Labour inspections, injury investigations, work refusals, critical injuries, spills, threat assessments, and emergency situations (e.g. flooding, workplace violence etc.).
- Fire safety review and approval of student work that may require the use fire, candles etc
- Develop policies - http://www.ocadu.ca/about_ocad/administrative_policies.htm
3. Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
Facilitating and maintaining an institutional Business Continuity Plan which is also referenced in our Emergency Preparedness Plan
Please connect with us
Office of Safety & Risk Management
Rosalie Sharp Pavilion
115 McCaul St.
Room 2210, Level 2
Geeta Sharma, Director, Safety & Risk Management
416-977-6000, Ext. 2920
Kyle Nhan, Safety & Risk Management Officer
416-977-6000, Ext. 615
OCAD U is committed to providing accessible information and communication. If you require emergency procedures, plans or public safety information in an accessible format, please forward your request and let us know what format is preferable.